Friday, October 31, 2014

Gateau au chocolat



In our everyday lives we often forget what it feels like to do something you really care about.
I realized that I  really have to make an effort to find time for my hobbies and just enjoy doing them without looking at my phone or into a schoolbook.


During my final exams at school I always baked a lot and afterwards I took it with me to school or I would invite friends over to just give them a taste of this pure relaxing happiness. Everybody always asked me how I could find time to bake so often even when we had to learn every day....  
I think you should always find time for things that matter to you and especially if it is not only making you happy but also other people too. I just can't describe this amazing feeling I get when somebody really enjoys the food I made. It is like double happiness.

So if you enjoy drawing, baking, cooking or of course blogging you should always take your time for it as there will certainly be people out there who really love you for who you are and what you do and not only for which score you got on the latest test or exam.

From time to time I really get huge cravings for chocolate! Sadly, I am not a person that likes to eat chocolate bars just like that. It has to be either Nutella on a piece of bread or a cake, brownie or cupcake to satisfy me completely ;).
I have to tell you guys that I am a huge fan of French baking. I found this amazing recipe for a "gateau au chocolat" on a website that is named www.gateau.com !
Once I found this website I was baking tons of their recipes and non of them ever disappointed me.

Recipe

What you need:

200 g dark chocolate
4 eggs
100g flour
140 sugar
a half pack of baking powder
a pack of vanilla sugar
one glass of milk
140g butter

Preparation:

1. Heat up your oven on 170°C
2. Mix the eggs and sugar until it becomes a white mousse.
3. Then add flour and the baking powder by slowly mixing it under the white mousse.
4. Melt the chocolate in bowl on top of a pot full of hot water. When the chocolate is melted add milk      
    and butter.
5. Mix it under the dough.
6. Finally put it all into a round baking form and let it bake for 25-30 minutes. Peak in with a knife
    and see if the dough is already done.

Have fun baking and enjoy the cake :)!

Nicki









19 comments:

  1. Oh wow that looks good. Even more so just the mixture!

    daisychurchward.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I want to try this out!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, that looks SO SO SO good !
    www.wannabestylishlau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks soo good! Thanks for sharing ♥ XOXO Nati
    http://artdicted2.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks so yummy!

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing and so easy too, will give it a try, thanks!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, dear!

    I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. :) Please see here: http://redheadfixations.blogspot.com/2014/10/lovelyblogaward.html

    Thanks!
    Shanna Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious!
    I've recently started baking again and it's so much fun and relaxing at the same time :)

    xx Cheyenne
    www.bohemianjourneys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks amazing! I'm definitely going to have to try this out sometime!
    -Sisi
    Modern Beauty Girl
    Other Modern Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!

    I have to try it! It looks so, so so delicious!

    http://www.thebeautyaddictions.uk
    http://www.thebeautyaddictions.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks so delicious, yummy!!! love the photos too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that looks so good! Will definitely try it sometime! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog <3

    Dee
    http://urbanchicblvd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing! I will definitely try it! :)
    Have a nice sunday :*

    Ina
    http://www.ina-nuvo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should always make time for the things you love, especially when you can eat it afterwards - this looks amazing! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it has to be pain au chocolat for me, I'm allergic to eggs. This looks like it has too many to substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that cake look so delicious...can I have a piece???

    P.S. Thanks a lot for a lovely comments on my blog...new post is now live....
    http://www.fashionpumpkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that lip colour is just amaziiiing x you are so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete